Many businesses just need a simple and professional website to promote their business - a clear, easy to use website that shows everyone some basic information about your business such as:
- who you are
- what you do
- testimonials from your customers
- how to contact you
A brochure site is the online equivalent of a printed brochure and it can be working for you 24 hours a day attracting new customers.
A brochure site forms part of your marketing activities but has no e-commerce facility (see e-commerce sites). A brochure site is intended to help customers find you, find out about you and contact you.
Why do you need a website?
Some businesses say they don't need a website – they're already getting enough business by other methods like "word of mouth". But even these businesses could benefit:
- a professional brochure website promotes your business continually, to a wide audience, twenty-four hours a day
- your website communicates very clearly who you are, what you do, and how to contact you
- your site can bring in new customers and establish your credentials for potential customers, also showing what sort of work you are looking for
- many customers do some research online before deciding which potential suppliers to contact – do you want to miss out on this opportunity?
- a brochure site reassures your customers – they are reminded of your abilities and know you are still active
- a brochure site enables you to compete effectively with other businesses who are also online
- once established, a website can easily be updated with details of your new products and services, latest news stories, photographs
- your website can handle other communication issues – like advertising job vacancies and answering frequently asked questions (FAQs)